Automate beyond the API ...
Some parts of the Revit functionality are not yet accessible through the API, even though are repetitive tasks that are trivial to perform manually and a lot of work could be saved by automating them.
One tool that many have found useful for this task and have published a number of working solutions for is
Here is an
presenting a number of them, such as how to:
- Define F2 to open the View Range.
- Define F3 do perform Purge Unused.
- Define F5 to do a Save As to a filename that's been copied to the Windows clipboard first, and sets some additional options.
- Define F7 to set a solid's material to a new parameter called "Material".
- Define Win + 1 to Filter.
- Define Win + 2 to Finish Sketch.
- Define Win + 3 to Quit Sketch.
- Define Win + 1-4 to set various column heights.
- Automatically answer the message "This Central File has been copied".
- Remove the username from the INI file.